Hostlove.co.uk supports the fair use of the Internet in partnership with our resellers. We operate a zero tolerance policy towards spam, malicious activity and/or the abuse of our services.
Acceptable use policy is in addition to Hostlove.co.uk Terms and Conditions (TCs).
By signing up and using our Service(s) you agree not to, or to allow your customers to do any of the following:
Use of Services
- Hostlove.co.uk reserves the right to suspend or cancel a Reseller's or Customer’s access to any or all Service(s) provided by Hostlove.co.uk, where Hostlove.co.uk decides that the account has been inappropriately used. Hostlove.co.uk reserves the right to refuse Service(s) and/or access to its servers to anyone.
- Hostlove.co.uk will suspend access to, or cancel, an account which:
- Contains invalid or fraudulent details.
- Initiates a payment card chargeback.
- You agree;
- not to resell or offer for the use of third parties any part of our Service(s), unless you have purchased a reseller package or dedicated server.
Acceptable use guidelines
- You may not use the Service(s):
- in any way that breaches any applicable regulation, UK or International law.
- in any way that is fraudulent;
- to host any material which is in breach of our content guidelines (see section 3);
- to transmit, or otherwise permit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar marketing material ,also known as SPAM or Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE)
- to publish or otherwise distribute copywriting or other illegal material. The onus is on You the customer to prove that You own the rights to publish material, not for Hostlove.co.uk to prove that You do not.
- to participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities;
- as a file backup store. All files uploaded to a domain on our servers must be visible and accessible by visiting that domain, unless they are hidden files needed to operate the website; we reserve the right to delete files which do not match these criteria without giving notice to you.
- to use the server as an application server. Using the server to generate large volumes of email from a database is an example of activity that is not allowed. Scripts should not attempt to manipulate the timeouts on servers. These are set at the present values to ensure the reliability of the server. Sites that reset these do so because they are resource intensive, and adversely affect server performance and are therefore not allowed. Scripts that are designed to provide proxy Services, anonymous or otherwise, are not allowed
- to use excessive amounts of server resources. These include bandwidth, processor utilization and / or disk space.
- to offer HTTP downloads from your site, other than where the files are directly related to the subject matter of the site. We recommend you stream any multimedia content including audio and video files. Any downloads offered by You under this clause are subject to sections 1.2, 2.1.6, and of this Acceptable Use Policy. Hostlove.co.uk reserves the right to archive any download content we do not believe to be necessary for the normal operation of the site, and the definition of this is entirely at the discretion of Hostlove.co.uk.
- These content guidelines apply to any and all services provided by Hostlove.co.uk to You.
- Material published to or transmitted through our servers must:
- be accurate (where stating facts);
- comply with applicable law in accordance with section 2.1.1 of this policy.
- Material must not:
- be defamatory of any person;
- be obscene, offensive, or inflammatory;
- contain any adult material. Adult material includes all pornography; or otherwise lewd or obscene content. The designation of 'adult material' is left entirely to the discretion of Hostlove.co.uk.
- infringe any copyright, or trade mark.;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- promote or assist any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abusive or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be used to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization;
- You must ensure that any end-user submitted content such as forum posts or chat room entries meet with the standards defined within this Policy.
- We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of Hostlove.co.uk Services. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate in accordance with section 1.1 of this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of our Terms and Conditions upon which you are permitted to use Hostlove.co.uk Service(s), and may result in our
taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Hostlove.co.uk Service(s);
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal or archiving of any content in breach of our Content Standards (as defined in section 3 of this Acceptable Use Policy) uploaded to our servers;
- issue of a warning to you;
- issue of legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Mail Filter Fair Usage Policy
- While we appreciate you can't fully control the volume of spam directed at your mailboxes, pricing for our Mail Filter product is based on what we believe to be an acceptable level of mail traffic. Anyone who appears to be producing levels of mail traffic beyond what we class as fair, or recommended for the cost of the product, will be contacted.
- For our Mail Filter package, we consider Fair Usage to be no more than 1 million (1,000,000) emails being filtered in any one month. Accounts generating more than 1 million emails per month will be looked upon as having Unfair Usage levels and will be subject to being contacted by Hostlove to review the terms of the package.
- We reserve the right to impose a charge for high mail filter usage if a customer is using email filtering in excess of our fair usage policy. Any account seen to be going over this level of email will be contacted with payments adjusted accordingly.
- Hostlove will alert you via your given email address initially within 7 days, we will then attempt to call you on your provided telephone number, if after 15 (calendar) days the problem has still not been resolved, Hostlove reserves the right to cancel the customers’ mail filter service if the above Fair Usage conditions are breached.
- This Fair Usage policy is applicable to full paying versions of our Mail Filter product.
BANDWIDTH Fair Usage Policy
- We reserve the right to impose a charge for high bandwidth usage if a customer is using bandwidth in excess of our fair usage policy. In the event you require an additional bandwidth allowance, please contact the Hostlove sales team. Hostlove will alert you via your given email address initially within 7 days, we will then attempt to call you on your provided telephone number, if after 15 (calendar) days the problem has still not been resolved, we reserve the right to suspend your service.
- Webhosting : We consider reasonable usage on Web hosting to be:
- StarterPlus & StarterPlus packages - 5 GB - 10GB of bandwidth suitable for a website that receives 5 million hits
- Dedicated Servers: We consider reasonable usage on Dedicated servers to be:
- 100 - 200GB per month of bandwidth suitable for a website that receives 10 million hits
Designer Unlimited Web Hosting Reseller package Fair Usage Policy
- Hostlove.co.uk may offer unlimited web hosting accounts with some reseller accounts subject to a fair use policy.
- Unlimited web hosting accounts are intended for direct use by the reseller and should not be resold or offered for resell by third parties. Unlimited hosting accounts require a domain name to be hosted with Hostlove.
- Should the number of unlimited web hosting a single reseller provisions to the system negatively impacts the hosting platform, Hostlove.co.uk reserves the right to restrict the number of web hosting packages included in the reseller’s unlimited package. Charges may apply.
- Hostlove.co.uk have a Police Liaison function and we are committed to assisting, and cooperating with, all law enforcement and government agencies in helping to reduce Internet Crime.
- Your right to privacy is very important. Hostlove.co.uk recognises that when “You” choose to provide Hostlove.co.uk with information about “Yourself”, You trust Hostlove.co.uk to act in a responsible manner. We believe this information should only be used to help Hostlove.co.uk provide You with a better Service.